History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal sheep辛未( at the beginning of the year metal horse庚午)
Syria: 142/143 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Cincibilus, king of Noricum, concludes a treaty of friendship with the Romans.
- Under the hapless Aulus Hostilius Mancinus the Romans during the Third Macedonian -Roman war fails to make a gain of space. Epirus changes to the side of Perseus of Macedon.
Science and Technology
- Hypsicles of Alexandria ( " Anaphorikos " ) created a graduation of the circle into 360 degrees. Thus laying the basis for trigonometry in their preform the Chordenrechnung.
- 170 BC: Lucius Accius, tragic poet († 90 BC)
- Gaius Livius Salinator, Roman politician (c. 234 BC)
- Antiochus, co-ruler of his uncle Antiochus IV in the Seleucid Empire