History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- 2.1 Science
Politics and World Affairs
- Ernest Shackleton found the magnetic South Pole.
- Hans Geiger and Ernest Rutherford develop the Geiger counter.
- Frederick Gowland Hopkins discovered vitamins.
- Henry Fairfield Osborn describes and names the dinosaur Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Henri Poincaré formulated the Poincaré conjecture.
- Planck's radiation law of Max Planck.
- Special Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein.
- Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria- Hungary in
- Edward VII, King British
- Kaiser Wilhelm II, German Emperor
- Bernhard von Bülow, German Chancellor
- Meiji Emperor in Japan
- Cixi, Empress Dowager of China
- Guangxu Emperor of China
- Émile Loubet, President of France
- Carl Barks, comic book writer and signatory
- H. P. Lovecraft, author
- Enrico Caruso, Opera Singer
- Mata Hari, dancer
- Friedrich Alfred Krupp, industrialist and politician
- Wilhelm Liebknecht, a revolutionary
- William McKinley, politician and 25th President of the United States
- Max Reinhardt, theater and film director, artistic director, theater producer and theater founder
- Cecil Rhodes, entrepreneurs and politicians