1976 Winter Paralympics
The first Winter Paralympics were held in the Swedish city Örnsköldsvik from 21 to 28 February 1976. The Paralympics is the Olympics for people with physical disabilities. About 250 athletes from 16 nations participated in 52 competitions in the two sports Alpine Skiing, Nordic Skiing. There was also a demonstration event on sled skating.
16 nations participated in the first Winter Paralympics.
- Belgium Belgium ( 5)
- BR BR Germany Germany (32 )
- Finland Finland ( 26)
- France (21 )
- Japan Japan ( 1)
- Yugoslavia Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia ( 9)
- Canada Canada ( 6)
- Norway Norway ( 23)
- Austria Austria ( 24)
- Poland Poland ( 7)
- Sweden Sweden (16 )
- Switzerland Switzerland (15 )
- Czechoslovakia Czechoslovakia ( 5)
- Uganda Uganda ( 1)
- United Kingdom United Kingdom (6 )
- United States United States ( 1)
In parentheses is the number of participating athletes.