1988â€“89 Czechoslovak Extraliga season
The 1988/ 89 1st League was the 46th regular hosting of the highest Hockey Class of Czechoslovakia. In the playoff finals Tesla Pardubice sat 3-1 victories against Dukla Trenčín through and won the third Czechoslovakian league title in club history. Slovan Bratislava CHZJD not make it into the League qualifier against relegation and got down in the second league, while Zetor Brno from this made the direct re-emergence after a year of being second class.
- 3.1 tournament schedule
- 3.2 topscorer
- 3.3 champion team of Tesla Pardubice
As in the previous season the league was played with twelve teams. The total number of matches per team was 34 games in the main round. Subsequently, the top eight teams qualified for the playoffs and played there the masters from. The remaining four teams played in home and away leg against each other in a relegation round, and the two lowest-ranked teams under these had to play against the best four second division club to avoid relegation or promotion.
Best scorer of the league was Vladimír Růžička of Dukla Trenčín, who together scored a total of 46 goals in main round and playoffs.
Champion team of Tesla Pardubice
Awards and Trophies player
- Top scorer: Vladimír Růžička ( Dukla Trenčín )
- Best scorer: Vladimír Růžička ( Dukla Trenčín )
- Best template encoder: Ota Janecký ( Tesla Pardubice)
- Point Best Defender: Petr Pavlas ( Dukla Trenčín )
- Best Goalkeeper: Dominik Hasek ( Tesla Pardubice)
- Best Rookie: Zdeno Cíger ( Dukla Trenčín )
- Best player of the play-offs: Dominik Hasek ( Tesla Pardubice)
- Best Coach: Vladimír Martinec ( Tesla Pardubice)
1st League qualifier
The two best team in the Czech and the Slovak League second group occurred in the first League qualifier against the two last placed the first league. Each team played against each other in return game. The top two teams were allowed to compete in the next season in the first league. Here, the Czech representative Zetor Brno and Poldi Kladno SONP prevailed.