1998 Arab Nations Cup
In 1998, the Arab Nations Cup was played for the seventh time. This contest was held in Qatar. The venue was Qatar's capital Doha. The team of Saudi Arabia won for the first time this item. The teams played in a league system in two groups against each other. The best group moved into the all-in - round.
- Qatar was qualified as hosts.
- Egypt was qualified as the defending champion.
- Saudi Arabia and Morocco were automatically qualified by their qualification for the 1998 World Cup.
- There were four qualifying groups that were divided by geographic regions: The Levant, the Gulf, the Red Sea and North Africa. Here the following teams qualified:
Algeria, Egypt and Morocco sent their U -23 team.
Match for third place
- Obeid Al- Dossary ( KSA) - 8 goals.
Most Valuable Player:
- Badr Haji (Kuwait)
- Mubarak Mustafa (Qatar )
- Mohammed Al- Deayea ( KSA)