1st millennium BC
History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
◄ | 2nd millennium BC | 1st millennium BC | 1st millennium | ► 10th century BC | 9th century BC | 8th century BC | 7th century BC | 6th century BC | 5th century v. BC | 4th century BC | 3rd century BC | 2nd century BC | 1st century BC
- 800 BC: In Central Europe the Bronze Age ends, and it starts the early Iron Age, the so-called Hallstatt period.
- 400 BC: In Central Europe, ending the early Iron Age and the Iron Age begins, known as the La Tène period (up to about 30/15 BC)
- Around 1000 BC: The Iberians appear for the first time.
- Around 1000 BC to about 500 BC: colonization of the Aegean Sea, the coasts of Asia Minor and the Black Sea, Sicily and southern Italy from Greece.
- Around 1000 BC: beginnings of the Etruscan civilization, around 800 BC spread to 600 BC heyday.
- To 750 BC: Founding of Rome, the Eternal City.
- Around 600 BC: Beginning of the Roman Empire.
- Around 500 BC won ( with the mantic accompanied ) faith figure, the individual fate is read with the help of the horoscope.
- Around 500 BC: Buddhism developed.
- Around 500 BC: The Celts invade northern Spain.
- Around 400 BC: The Greek philosopher Democritus thinks about the structure of matter - he coined the term atom.
- 214 BC, the Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huang, the first can be contiguous parts of the Great Wall of China build
- To 200 BC: The Celts reached its greatest expansion.
- 2 / 1 Century BC: The Roman Empire conquered his adversary Carthage, conquered the remaining Diadochenstaaten and dominates the entire Mediterranean.
- The Tanakh is written.
- For land war came, in the course of the development of seafaring, and the naval war.
- In the Zhou Dynasty ( about 1045-256 BC) in China is the production of cast iron dominates.
- Probably 8th century BC: Homer, Greek poet
- 6 / 5 Century BC: Confucius, Chinese philosopher
- 6th century BC: Cyrus II, founder of the Persian Empire
- 6 / 5 Century BC: Buddha, philosopher Süd-Nepal/Nord-Indien
- 5 / 4 Century BC: Socrates, Greek philosopher
- 5 / 4 Century BC: Hippocrates, Greek physician
- 4th century BC Plato, Greek philosopher
- 4th century BC, Aristotle, Greek philosopher
- 4th century BC, Alexander the Great, the Macedonian king and military leader
- 3rd century BC: Archimedes, Greek mathematician
- 3rd century BC: Qin Shi Huang, founder of the Empire of China and installer of the Great Wall of China
- 3 / 2 Century BC: Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
- 1st century BC: Vitruvius, a Roman architect and writer
- 1st century BC: Gaius Julius Caesar, Roman statesman, general and author