2008â€“09 Scottish Cup
During the 2008/2009 season of the Scottish FA Cup was held for the 124th time. The Rangers were able to successfully defend their title in the final of 30 May 2009 against FC Falkirk. A total of 82 teams took part, who shot 297 goals together.
* replays at the venue will be exchanged N.V. = Overtime IU = On penalties 2nd round
* replays at the venue will be exchanged N.V. = Overtime IU = On penalties round 3
* replays at the venue will be exchanged N.V. = Overtime 4th Round
From the 4th round of the professional clubs of the Premier League participated.
* replays at the venue will be exchanged second round
* replays at the venue will be exchanged quarterfinals
* replays at the venue will be exchanged N.V. = Overtime IU = In the penalty shoot-out semifinal
30 May 2009 traditionally the final between the title defending Rangers from Glasgow and Falkirk Football Club was held in Glasgow at Hampden Park. The Falkirk FC had a total possession of 55 % and committed 10 fouls ( the Rangers committed 16 fouls ). Both were each given three yellow cards. Falkirk was 7 times and the Rangers only 1 time for offside. The area ratio Glasgow won 4-2. The decisive goal Nacho Novo scored in the 46th minute. Thus, the Rangers were able to bring the Scottish Double: The league and cup double.
The Way of the cup winners
The Rangers were 2008/2009 the Scottish FA Cup win for the 33rd time. Previously, only the city rivals Celtic Glasgow is with 34 titles. Overall, the Rangers were one of their best tournaments. Only one goal they got, and on the other hand shot 14 goals themselves
The path of the Glasgow Rangers to title in 2008 /09:
Kyle Lafferty 2:1 ( 35 ) 3:1 Aarón Ñíguez ( 45th, penalty), 4-1 Steven Davis ( 53 ), 5-1 Kyle Lafferty ( 81 )