2008 IIHF World U18 Championships
The 10th Ice Hockey World Championships U18 Juniors of the International Ice Hockey Federation IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships were in 2008 in the age group of under- eighteen year olds ( U18). In total, between March 2 and April 23, 2008 44 teams in the seven tournaments in the top division and the divisions I to III part.
The world champion was the second time the team of Canada that could defeat the final arch rivals Russia 8-0. The German team has secured the fifth rank in the top division one of the best results ever, the Switzerland finished eighth in the top division, and thus prevented the descent. Austria was third in Group B of Division I.
- 2.5.1 quarterfinals
- 2.5.2 Semi-finals
- 2.5.3 game for 5th place
- 2.5.4 3rd place match
- 2.5.5 final
- 3.1 Group A in Toruń, Poland
- 3.2 Group B in Riga, Latvia
- 3.3 Ascent and Descent
- 4.1 Group A in Méribel and Courchevel, France
- 4.2 Group B in Tallinn, Estonia
- 4.3 Ascent and Descent
- 5.1 Group A in Mexico City, Mexico
- 5.2 Group B in İzmit, Turkey
- 5.3 Ascent and Descent
Participants, venues and periods
- Top Division: April 13 to 23, 2008 in Kazan, Russia Participants: Russia, United States, USA, Canada Canada, Sweden, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovakia, Switzerland Switzerland, Germany Germany, Finland Finland, Danemark Denmark, Belarus Belarus
- Division I Group A: April 2 to 8, 2008 in Toruń, Poland Participants: Czech Republic Czech Republic, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Poland, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania Lithuania
- Group B: April 2 to 8, 2008 in Riga, Latvia Participants: Latvia Latvia, Japan, Japan, Norway, Norway, Italy Italy, Austria Austria, Netherlands Netherlands
- Division II Group A: March 30-April 5, 2008 in Méribel and Courchevel, France Participants: France, Flag of South Korea South Korea, Croatia, Belgium, Australia, People's Republic of China People's Republic of China
- Group B: 23 to 29 March, 2008 in Tallinn, Estonia Participants: United Kingdom United Kingdom, Hungary Hungary, Estonia, Romania, Romania, Israel, Israel, Spain
- Division III Group A: March 2 to 8, 2008 in Mexico City, Mexico Participants: Mexico Mexico, New Zealand New Zealand South Africa South Africa, Chinese Taipei Chinese Taipei, Mongolia Mongolia
- Group B: March 3 to 9, 2008 in İzmit, Turkey Participants: Serbia Serbia, Iceland Iceland, Turkey Turkey, Bulgaria, Armenia, Armenia
The World Cup took place from 13 to 23 April 2008 in the Russian city of Kazan instead. The matches were played on the one in the Tatneft Arena, which can accommodate 10,000 spectators, and secondly in the Sports Palace Kazan with 3,845 seats.
At ten teams participated in this tournament, which were divided into two groups. The world champion secured Canada, which clearly won 8-0 against Russia in the final. It was the second title for Canadians.
After the group matches of the preliminary round, the two group winners qualified directly for the semi-finals. The runners-up and third ever denied a qualifier for the semi-finals. The Fourth and Fifth of the group matches contested - if you bring the result of the direct encounter of the first round - the relegation round and found this two relegated to Division I.
Note: The Preliminaries Slovakia Slovakia - Denmark Denmark ( 5-2 ) and Belarus Belarus - Switzerland Switzerland ( 2:4 ) are included in the table.
Match for 5th place
3rd Place Match
Note: GP = Games, B = Goals, A = Assists, Pts = Points, / - = Plus / Minus, PIM = penalty minutes; Fat: Turnierbestwert
Note: GP = Games, TOI = Ice Age ( in minutes), GA = Goals against, SO = shutouts, Sv % = held shots (in%), GAA = Gegentorschnitt; Fat: Turnierbestwert
Title, ascent and descent
Group A in Toruń, Poland
From 2 to 8 April 2008, the World Cup Group A Division I was held in Toruń in Poland. All matches were played in the Lodowisko Gate Gate with 3,200 seats.
Group B in Riga, Latvia
The World Cup Group B of Division I was fought in the Latvian capital Riga from 2 to April 8, 2008. The games were held at Arena Riga, which offers 11,000 spectators.
Ascent and Descent
Group A in Méribel and Courchevel, France
From 30 March to 5 April 2008, the World Cup Group A Division II took place in France in Méribel and Courchevel. Venues were the Patinoire du Parc Olympique 2,400 places in Méribel and the Patinoire du Forum in Courchevel.
Group B in Tallinn, Estonia
The World Cup Group B of Division II was held from 23 to 30 March 2008 Tallinn in Estonia. The games were held with 500 seats in the Premia Jäähall.
Ascent and Descent
A group in Mexico City, Mexico
From 2 to 8 March 2008, the World Cup Group A Division III took place in Mexico in Mexico City. The matches were played in the arena, La Pista San Jerónimo, which can accommodate 3,000 spectators.
Group B in İzmit, Turkey
The World Cup Group B in Division II was held in Izmit in Turkey from 3 to 9 March 2008. The games found in the K.B.B. Ice Arena ( 4,500 seats).