2008 NBA draft
The 2008 NBA Draft was held on 26 June 2008 at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York. In two rounds of the 30 NBA teams were able to secure the rights to a total of 60 junior players.
The final draft order for the positions 1 to 14 was determined on 20 May 2008 by the Draft Lottery. At this weighted lottery took the 14 teams that had qualified in the 2007/ 08 season not for the playoffs, and some were set in reverse order of the table of the regular season. The drawing won the Chicago Bulls, whose chances were located at only 1.7% of this, followed by the Miami Heat and the Minnesota Timberwolves.
All players who wanted to register for the draft had, regardless of nationality have been born before 31 December 1989. When they had finished high school in the United States, they could be also the earliest one year after the completion log.
For the first time exclusively players were selected to the first three places, which only had a year of college behind him (so-called freshmen ). Among the first seven players selected were five and freshmen in the first round a total of ten. Both values also represent new NBA records
- Jaycee Carroll (United States United States of America), Utah State University
- Gary Forbes ( Panama ), University of Massachusetts
- Jamont Gordon ( United States United States), Mississippi State University
- Davon Jefferson (United States United States), University of Southern California
- Bo McCalebb (United States United States), University of New Orleans
- Timofei Mosgow (Russia Russia), BK Khimki (Russia)
- DeMarcus Nelson (United States, United States), Duke University
- Reggie Williams ( United States United States), Virginia Military Institute