2008 Tour de France, Stage 1 to Stage 11#Stage 2
The second stage of the Tour de France 2008 on July 6 was 164.5 km long and ran from Auray in Brittany to Saint -Brieuc. A total of three sprints, three climbs of the fourth category and the third category were on the program.
At the beginning of the stage tried a ten -man lead group to settle, but this did not succeed. Later, a trio of Fabian Wegmann, Murilo Fischer and Sylvain Chavanel was formed. After the first mountain stage, which accounted for Sylvain Chavanel ago Thomas Voeckler and Björn Schröder among themselves, the first two could settle. They did so also the 3 other climbs from among themselves. Chavanel also won all sprints before Voeckler. Later still Christophe Moreau and David Le Lay, who was born in the destination and here at home is joined to the duo. But the quartet could only hold up to a few km from the Zeil, before the breakaway was swallowed by the field. The goal in Saint-Brieuc was achieved on a 220 meter long and 8.5 meter wide stretch. There, Thor Hushovd was able to successfully enforce. Kim Kirchen, who finished second, could thus secure the green jersey.
- Second intermediate sprint in Pontivy ( 74 km ) ( 62 m above sea level. NN )
- Third intermediate sprint in Corlay ( 103 km ) (213 m above sea level. NN )
- Sprint in Saint- Brieuc ( km 164.5 ) (93 m above sea level. NN )
- Côte de Bieuzy - Lanvaux, Category 4 ( 23.5 km ) ( 143 m above sea level, . 1.9 km à 4,1 %)
- Côte de Kergroix, Category 4 ( 43 km ) ( 159 m above sea level, . 3.0 km à 4,0 %)
- Côte de Mûr -de -Bretagne, Category 3 ( 92 kilometers ) (. 282 m above sea level, 1.5 km à 8,7 %)
- Côte de Saint- Mayeux, Category 4 ( 96 km ) ( 287 m above sea level, . 1.3 km à 5,5 %)
Stage 1 | Stage 2 | Stage 3 | Stage 4 | Stage 5 | Stage 6 | Stage 7 | Stage 8 | Stage 9 | Stage 10 | Stage 11 | Stage 12 | 13 stage | stage 14 | stage 15 | stage 16 | stage 17 | stage 18 | stage 19 | stage 20 | stage 21
- Tour de France 2008