2008 Tour de France, Stage 12 to Stage 21#Stage 12
The 12th stage of the 2008 Tour de France on July 17 was 168.5 km long and ran from Lavelanet to Narbonne. There were two intermediate sprints and a mountain stage of the fourth category on the program.
After Riccardo Riccò doping EPO was detected, the team Saunier Duval- Scott went to no longer 12th stage.
After five kilometers, Egoi Martínez was able to sell, which initially joined Jose Ivan Gutierrez and later seven other riders. The escape attempt, however, was stopped at km 12 again. Then tried a seven-member group, which was shortly afterwards put back. Finally, after a group of two managed Arnaud Gérard and Samuel Dumoulin 36 km settle. Dumoulin won the only climb of the day. Sebastian Lang secured the last mountain point, and thus extended his lead in the mountains classification, which he had taken over after the departure of Riccardo Riccò and David de la Fuente. The projection of the leaders was in the meantime about 4 minutes and then the field reduced the gap again. Gerard secured the first intermediate sprint, the last two points was able to pull Óscar Freire, so the goal for his lead in the sprint. Due tailwind have been completed in the first hour already 51 km. Later, Juan José Oroz drove out of the field and attacked the two leaders. Dumoulin happened to be the first to the second sprint. Nine kilometers before the finish, the group was finally made . The Team Team CSC- Saxo Bank now made tempo work. The goal in Narbonne was achieved on a 900 meter long and 8 meter wide stretch. Mark Cavendish won the sprint ahead of Sébastien Chavanel for themselves and so won his third stage of this tour. Due to the withdrawal of Saunier Duval- Scott went over the white jersey before the stage at Vincenzo Nibali.
- 55 Baden Cooke (fall during the stage )
- Riccardo Riccò 171 - suspended from the team due to doping suspicion (positive A- sample)
- 172 Rubens Bertogliati (team retreat before stage 12)
- 173 Juan José Cobo (team retreat before stage 12)
- 174 David de la Fuente (team retreat before stage 12)
- 175 Jesús Del Nero (team retreat before stage 12)
- 177 Josep jufré (team retreat before stage 12)
- 179 Leonardo Piepoli (team retreat before stage 12)
- Second intermediate sprint in Thézan -des- Corbières ( 142.5 km ) (110 m above sea level. NN )
- Sprint in Narbonne ( km 168.5 ) (11 m above sea level. NN )
- Col du Camperié, Category 4 ( 57.5 km ) ( 514 m above sea level, . 3.1 km à 3,7 %)