2009 Rolex Sports Car Series season
The Rolex Sports Car Series 2009 is the tenth season of the Rolex Sports Car Series.
In the 2009 season, 12 races were held in the Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Series. The season started with the 24- hour race at Daytona on January 24 and 25 in Daytona Beach, Florida. With the exception of the race at the Circuit Gilles -Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada, all races were held in the USA. The length of the race mostly was 250 miles.
From a German perspective 2009 Farnbacher Loles Racing went into the race in the GT class. In this case, the two German pilots Dirk Werner and Wolf Henzler were used. Dirk Werner won with Farnbacher Loles Racing in 2007, the GT class with a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. Porsche works drivers Joerg Bergmeister took the 2006 title in the prototype class.
- 22. to 25 January 2009 24 - hour race at Daytona in Daytona Beach, Florida
- 24 to 26 April 2009 Virginia International Raceway in Alton, Virginia
- 1 to 3 May 2009 New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, New Jersey
- 4 to 6 June 2009 Watkins Glen International (Long) in Watkins Glen, New York
- 19 to 20 June 2009 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio
- 3 to 4 July 2009 Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida
- 17. to 19 July 2009 Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama
- 6 to 7 August 2009 Watkins Glen International (Short) in Watkins Glen, New York
- 28 to 29 August 2009 Circuit Gilles -Villeneuve in Montreal, Quebec
- 18. to 19 September 2009 Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah
- 8 to 10 October 2009 Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida
Jon Fogarty and Alex Gurney won on a Riley Mk XX- Pontiac Daytona Prototype class. The GT class was won by Leh Keen and Dirk Werner on a Porsche 997 GT3 Cup.
- Motorsport Season 2009