2010 North American SuperLiga
The Super League in 2010, the fourth football competition of the Super League, was held from July 14 to September 1, 2010 in four different stadiums in the United States instead. The top four MLS franchises the regular season who were not qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League 2010/ 11, and four football clubs from the Mexican Primera División took, in which the system similarly expired, in part.
The Mexican club Monarcas Morelia won the North American Super League after a 2-1 final win over the MLS franchise New England Revolution for the first time in their history. Scorer of Monarcas 's Miguel Sabah with four goals.
A total of 139 422 people attended the 15 matches of the tournament and saw it 34 goals ( goals on penalties after regular time excluded ). Over the entire tournament across 56 were yellow, awarded five yellow-red, and three red cards.
The participating teams qualified via their respective leagues ( Major League Soccer and La Liga ) Qualfikationsregeln created for the Super League in 2010.
On April 28, 2010, MLS announced that qualify the four best teams in the regular season for the tournament. If these clubs had already qualified but otherwise acquired for the CONCACAF Champions League the same year, the next best teams would compete in the tournament. Since the 2009 season, three of the top four teams, Columbus Crew for the winner of the MLS Supporters' Shield, Los Angeles Galaxy as the MLS Cup finalist and the Seattle Sounders FC as the winner of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup of the season 2009, automatically the Champions League had qualified, you had to resort to the next best franchises.
División The Mexican Primera also announced that the four bestplatziertesten teams from the total annual table of the season 2009/10 ( Clausura 2009 and Apertura 2009) qualify for the Super League in 2010 if they have not already up elsewhere qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League. Since Toluca automatically entitled as Bicentenario 2010 winner and overall first, CF Monterrey as Aperura Winner 2009 and third overall, Santos Laguna as Bicentenario Second 2010 and Gesamtsiebenter and CD Cruz Azul as Apertura runner-up in 2009 and eighth overall for participation in the Champions League were, you had access also to the next best teams.
From the United States Major League Soccer:
- Houston Dynamo ( third overall in 2009 )
- Chicago Fire SC (as fifth overall in 2009)
- CD Chivas USA ( sixth overall than 2009)
- New England Revolution (as Gesamtsiebenter 2009)
From Mexico Primera Liga:
- CF Pachuca ( second overall in 2009 )
- Monarcas Morelia ( as fourth overall in 2009 )
- Puebla FC ( as sixth overall in 2009 )
- UNAM Pumas (as ninth overall in 2009 )
The total of 15 matches of the tournament will be played in four different U.S. states.
- Silviu Petrescu Canada
- Costa Rica Jerry Solis
- El Salvador José Rivera and Marlon Mejia
- Guatemala Elmer Rodas and Oscar Reyna
- Honduras José Gaspar Molina and José Pineda
- Mexico Ricardo Arellano and Francisco Chacón
- Spain Jorge González
- United States Kevin Stott
The format is the same structure, as in the Super League competitions in recent years. The teams are divided into two groups, in each group per two teams from the United States and two from Mexico need to be. The two teams that are best positioned at the end of the group stage in their respective groups, take part in the subsequent knock-out round, the actual semi-finals part.
If two team in the event of a tie lie on one and the same place, so choose the following four criteria on the position of the two teams in the group table:
These rules were reassembled before the Super League in 2010 to conform to international standards in a tie. As the Head -to -Head Statistics updated yet used in past Super League seasons as a first tie-breaker, they had to give way in accordance with international standards on place 3.
( Goals from penalty kicks are in the list not included)
- Mexico Miguel Sabah ( Morelia Monarcas )
- Zimbabwe Joseph Ngwenya (Houston Dynamo )
- Uruguay Nicolás Olivera (Puebla FC )
- Mario Ortiz Mexico (Puebla FC )
- Serbia Marko Perovic (New England Revolution)
- Colombia Luis Gabriel Rey ( Monarcas Morelia)
- Colombia Franco Arizala ( Pachuca )
- Mexico Leandro Augusto ( UNAM Pumas )
- Wilman Conde Colombia ( Chicago Fire SC)
- Mexico Javier Cortés ( Pumas UNAM )
- Chile Hugo Droguett ( Monarcas Morelia)
- Uruguay Álvaro Fabián González (Puebla FC )
- Mexico Elías Hernández ( Monarcas Morelia)
- United States Steven Kinney ( Chicago Fire SC)
- Mexico Jaime Lozano ( Morelia Monarcas )
- Mexico Rafael Márquez Lugo ( Morelia Monarcas )
- Venezuela Giancarlo Maldonado (CD Chivas USA)
- Gambia Abdoulie Mansally (New England Revolution)
- Damián Manso Argentina ( Pachuca )
- Dominic Oduro Ghana (Houston Dynamo )
- Mexico Jesús Padilla ( Chivas USA)
- Jamaica Lovel Palmer (Houston Dynamo )
- Argentina Gabriel Pereyra (Puebla FC )
- United States Zack Schilawski (New England Revolution)
- Costa Rica Michael Umaña (CD Chivas USA)
- United States Kevin Alston (New England Revolution)