2012 GP2 Series season
The GP2 Series 2012 season was the eighth season of the GP2 series. There were discharged twelve race weekends. The season began on March 24 in Sepang and ended on 23 September in Singapore.
2012 was the first time since 2007 no longer take the GP2 Asia Series. Instead, the GP2 Series came back to outside Europe.
- 2.1 Changes to the drivers
- 2.2 Amendments to the teams
- 4.1 Points system
- 4.2 Drivers' Championship
- 4.3 Evaluation team
From the 2012 season, two tire compounds available in the GP2 series. How far are the drivers four sets per weekend. Of these, three of the harder and one of the softer Mischung.1 In the sprint race, the harder tire must be used, otherwise the teams will be free to decide when to use which tire is used.
The point system in the main race is based on the 2012 season back on to the FIA, which is also used in Formula 1. It will be awarded to the first ten drivers 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 points. In the sprint race, the first eight drivers get 15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 points. In addition, there are four points for the winner of the qualifying session, as well as two bonus points for the driver who earns revenue through the first ten classified riders the fastest race lap.
Teams and Drivers
Changes in drivers
The following list contains all the drivers who took part in the GP2 Series 2011 season and did not start in the 2012 season for the same team like 2011.
Drivers who have changed their team:
- Johnny Cecotto Jr.: Ocean Racing Technology Barwa Addax Team →
- Dani Clos: Barwa Addax Team Racing Engineering →
- Stefano Coletti: Trident Racing Scuderia Coloni →
- Giedo van der Garde: Barwa Addax Team → Caterham Racing
- Rodolfo González: Trident racing → Caterham racing
- Josef Král: Arden International Barwa Addax Team →
- Julian Leal: Rapax → Trident Racing
- Fabio Leimer: Rapax → Racing Engineering
- Jolyon Palmer: Arden International → iSport International
- Luiz Razia: Caterham Team AirAsia → Arden International
- Davide Valsecchi: Caterham Team AirAsia → DAMS
Drivers who enter or return to the GP2 series:
- Nathanael Berthon: Formula Renault 3.5 (ISR ) → Racing Engineering
- René Binder: German Formula 3 Cup ( Jo Zeller Racing) → Venezuela GP Lazarus
- Sergio Canamasas: Formula Renault 3.5 ( BVM Target ) → Venezuela GP Lazarus
- James Calado: GP3 Series ( Lotus ART) → Lotus GP
- Fabrizio Crestani: Auto GP ( Lazarus ) → Venezuela GP Lazarus
- Tom Dillmann: GP3 Series ( Addax Team ) → Rapax
- Victor Guerin: Italian Formula 3 Championship ( Lucidi Motors) → Ocean Racing Technology
- Rio Haryanto: GP3 Series ( Marussia Manor Racing) → Carlin
- Daniël de Jong: Formula Renault 3.5 ( Comtec Racing) → Rapax
- Jon Lancaster: Auto GP ( Supernova ) → Ocean Racing Technology
- Nigel Melker: GP3 Series (RSC Mücke Motorsport) → Ocean Racing Technology
- Felipe Nasr: British Formula 3 Championship (Carlin ) → DAMS
- Fabio Onidi: Auto GP ( Lazarus ) → Scuderia Coloni
- Jake Rosenzweig: Formula Renault 3.5 ( Mofaz Racing) → Barwa Addax Team
- Giancarlo Serenelli: LATAM Challenge Series ( Re Racing) → Venezuela GP Lazarus
- Ricardo Teixeira: Formula 1 test driver (Team Lotus ) → Rapax
- Simon Trummer: GP3 series ( MW Arden ) → Arden International
Drivers who have left the GP2 series:
- Mikhail Aleshin: Carlin → Formula Renault 3.5 ( RFR)
- Jules Bianchi: Lotus ART → Formula Renault 3.5 (Tech 1 Racing )
- Sam Bird: iSport International → Formula Renault 3.5 ( ISR)
- Adam Carroll: Super Nova Racing → FIA GT1 World Championship ( Belgian Audi Club Team WRT)
- Kevin Ceccon: Scuderia Coloni → GP3 series ( Ocean Racing Technology )
- Fairuz Fauzy: Super Nova Racing → no racing activity in 2012
- Romain Grosjean: DAMS → F1 ( Lotus F1 Team )
- Michael Herck: Scuderia Coloni → no racing activity in 2012
- Kevin Mirocha: Ocean Racing Technology → FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Álvaro Parente: Carlin → FIA GT1 World Championship ( Hexis Racing)
- Charles Pic: Barwa Addax Team → Formula 1 ( Marussia F1 Team )
- Davide Rigon: Scuderia Coloni → Blancpain Endurance Series ( Kessel Racing )
- Oliver Turvey: Carlin → Formula 1 test driver (Vodafone McLaren Mercedes)
- Pål Varhaug: DAMS → Auto GP ( Virtuosi UK)
- Christian Vietoris: Racing Engineering → DTM ( HWA AG)
Changes the teams
- The Caterham Team AirAsia enters from the 2012 season as Caterham Racing.
- ART Grand Prix expresses the connection to the car manufacturer Lotus for the 2012 season more pronounced and announced the team instead of Lotus ART as Lotus GP. Instead of painting in British Racing Green, the team, like all Lotus works team in 2012 stepped in with the black and gold color scheme.
- Super Nova Racing stepped out for the new season of the GP2 Series. The team entered from 1994 to 2004 in Formula 3000 and was one of the teams that were in every season since the founding of the GP2 Series 2005. The starting point was awarded for the 2012 and 2013 season at the Italian team Lazarus, which was previously active in the Auto GP. The team competes under the name Venezuela GP Lazarus.
2012 took place twelve race weekends, eight of them in Europe. For the first time a GP2 race weekend at the Marina Bay Street Circuit was held in Singapore. The race in Sepang and as- Sachir returned to the racing calendar, but the former were first held as part of the main series. Previously, both events were in the calendar of the GP2 Asia Series. The German race moved from the Nürburgring back to Hockenheim. Except for the third event in as- Sachir all race weekends were held as part of the Formula 1 Grand Prix weekends. The Istanbul Park circuit was removed from the race calendar and also at the Yas Marina Circuit and the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, where 2011 GP2 races were, no events were held.
All main race took place on Saturday, and all sprint race on Sunday. An exception was the event in Monaco, where the primary were held on Friday and the Sprint race on Saturday.
In the main race (HAU ), the first ten of the race, 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 were given point (s). During the sprint race (SPR ), the first eight of the race were 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point (s). In addition, the winner of the qualifying session, which starts in the main race from pole position, four points received. The driver, who scored the fastest lap of the first ten classified riders received two points.
- Fat - Pole Position
- Italics - Fastest lap
- Underline - overall leader
- The Scuderia Coloni was taken to the race weekend at Silverstone in the team standings and is retroactive for the entire season points not entitled. The trigger was the announcement of phase- Coloni end of the season.