2013 AFC Champions League
The AFC Champions League 2013 was the 33rd edition of the highest continental competition in Asia, which will be held for the eleventh time under its present name. The winner qualifies for the FIFA Club World Cup 2013.
- 3.1 Group Stage
- 3.2 Final Round
- 3.3 Changes from the previous year
- 6.1 Group A
- 6.2 Group B
- 6.3 Group C
- 6.4 Group D
- 6.5 Group E
- 6.6 Group F
- 6.7 Group G
- 6.8 Group H
- 7.1 knockout round
- 7.2 quarterfinals
- 7.3 Semi-finals
- 7.4 final 7.4.1 leg
- 7.4.2 leg
The AFC laid the eligible association members established in November 2012.
The following criteria were proposed in July 2012:
- Each association must reach at least 600 of a possible 1,000 points, to send teams to the AFC Champions League.
- The places for the group stage and the playoffs will be awarded according to the following ranking: The top two organizations get four starting places in the group stage.
- The third-ranked associations received three starting places in the group stage and a playoff berth.
- The fourth-placed organizations receive two places in the group stage and a playoff berth.
- The fifth-placed organizations get a starting place in the group stage and a playoff berth.
- The sixth -, seventh - and eighth-placed organizations get a playoff berth.
On 29 November 2012, the launch sites for the AFC Champions League 2013 have been set. The 35 grid positions (29 group stage and 6 playoff spots ) were awarded on the basis of the above criteria, but was partially deviated slightly from it.
- † An Uzbek team which is qualified for the group stage, will play in the East Asian group.
The following teams have qualified.
- For teams who have qualified through several competitions is given only the higher title.
In the group stage play 32 teams divided into eight groups of four teams in the league mode (outward and return ). The teams will be divided on a geographical basis. In groups A to D, the teams from West and Central Asia play in groups E to H take the teams from East and Southeast Asia. The two group winners will qualify for the Final Round of 16 The tournament will be played with the three- point rule.
The quarter-finals will be drawn, however, it can not meet two teams from one country directly. The teams will play in the knockout system with return game from the tournament winner, the away goals rule. If in the return game after regular time and extra time are fixed no winner, the winner in the penalty shootout is determined.
The winner will qualify for the FIFA Club World Cup in 2013 in Morocco.
Changes compared to the previous year
- The losers of the playoffs no longer automatically switch to the AFC Cup.
- The fourth round will be newly discharged with return game.
- The final is played with return game. The changes to the endgame be checked again in the future.
- Qualifiers: February 9
- Group Stage: 26-27. February 12-13. March 2 / 3 April 9-10. April 23-24. April 30 April / 1 May
- Second round: 14-15. May 21-22. May
- Quarterfinals: August 21st and September 18th
- Semi-finals: September 24th and October 2nd
- Final: 25th or 26th October and 8th or 9th of November
The qualifying rounds were drawn on December 6, 2012, and performed on February 9, 2013. Each match was played in a game with any possible extra time and penalties. The winners qualified for the group stage, the losers dropped out.
- 1: Brisbane Roar actually had home advantage. By postponing the meeting, both sides have agreed to the change of home right
The group stage after the draw was also on December 6, 2012. The 32 teams were drawn into eight groups of four participants. Teams from the same country could not be drawn into the same group. Everyone plays against every one home and one away match. The top two teams in each group reach the knockout stages.
The tables are created according to the following rules:
The first legs were held on 14th and 15th of May, the return legs on 21 and May 22 In the round of last 16, group winners play runners-up against each another group of the same zone. The group winners will have home advantage in the return match.
The first legs will find 21 August, instead of the return matches on 18 September.
The first legs on the 25th September and the return matches on 2 October.
References / Notes
Asian Champion Club Tournament or Asian Club Championship 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972-1984 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002
AFC Champions League 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- AFC Champions League
- Football in 2013