2013 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters season
2014 season >
The DTM season 2013 was the 27th season of the DTM and the 14th since the foundation of the series in 2000. The season began on May 5 at Hockenheim and went on October 20 at the same place at the end. Master was the first time Mike Rockenfeller in an Audi RS 5 of the DTM team Phoenix. The manufacturers' title was BMW defend successfully.
- 2.1 Changes to the drivers
- 4.1 Points system
- 4.2 Drivers' Championship
- 4.3 Manufacturers' Championship
Sporting and technical changes
Audi named to the 2013 season, the vehicles used previously under the name Audi A5 DTM Audi RS 5 to DTM.
BMW increased its contingent of six to eight vehicles. The BMW team - Mtek went into the DTM in the course of which.
Mercedes reduced its vehicles from eight to six. As part of this they separated by Persson Motorsport.
For the 2013 season continued the DTM, which is already known from Formula 1 Drag Reduction System ( DRS ) that allows the folding of the rear wing, thereby reducing drag. At a distance from the vehicle ahead of a maximum of two seconds - measured at the start-finish line - allowed the Afterward propelled the DRS in this round once use anywhere. In the first and last three laps of a race and the first three rounds after a safety car period DRS was not allowed to be used.
Also known from Formula 1 was a second, softer tire compound that had to be used in the race once. This " option tires" enabled by 1 to 1.5 seconds faster lap times, but built from much faster than the standard tire.
The previous pit stop window - regulation accounted for, but every pilot still had to complete two mandatory pit stops per race. In the first and last three laps of a race could not be stopped. A necessary, for example due to a puncture stop then did not count as a compulsory pit stop.
Technically remained the vehicles compared with the previous season unchanged. Only the rear tire was widened from 310 to 320 mm.
Teams and Drivers
All teams used tires from Hankook.
Changes in drivers
The following list contains all the drivers who took part in the 2012 DTM season and did not start in the 2013 season for the same team as in 2012.
Drivers who have changed their team:
- Jamie Green: Mercedes AMG → Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline
- Joey Hand: BMW Team RMG Team RBM BMW →
- Roberto Merhi: Young Stars / TV Movie Mercedes AMG → EURONICS / THOMAS SABO AMG Mercedes
- Andy Priaulx BMW Team RBM, BMW Team RMG →
- Robert Wickens: DHL package / stern AMG Mercedes → STIHL / AMG Mercedes
Drivers who enter or return to the DTM:
- Timo Glock: Formula 1 ( Marussia F1 Team ) → BMW Team Mtek
- Daniel Juncadella: Formula 3 Euro Series (Prema Powerteam) → stern / AMG Mercedes
- Pascal Wehrlein: Formula 3 Euro Series (Mücke Motorsport) → stern / AMG Mercedes
- Marco Wittmann: DTM test driver (BMW) → BMW Team Mtek
Drivers who have left the DTM:
- David Coulthard: DHL package / stern AMG Mercedes → End of career
- Rahel Frey: ABT Sportline → ADAC GT Masters ( Prosperia C. Abt Racing)
- Ralf Schumacher: Mercedes AMG → End of career
- Susie Wolff: Young Stars / TV Movie Mercedes AMG → Formula 1 test driver ( Williams F1 Team )
The race calendar has been slightly modified compared to the previous season. The race at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia was one of this year is not more to the race calendar for the Moscow Raceway was included in the DTM calendar in the Russian city of Volokolamsk first time.
, The first ten of the race were 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point (s).
- Fat - Pole Position
- Italics - Fastest lap
- Underline - overall leader