2014 AFC Champions League
The AFC Champions League 2014 is the 34th edition of the highest soccer continental competition in Asia, which will be held for the twelfth time under its present name. The winner qualifies for the FIFA Club World Cup 2014.
- 3.1 Group Stage
- 3.2 Final Round
- 5.1 First Round
- 5.2 Second Round
- 5.3 Third Round
- 6.1 Group A
- 6.2 Group B
- 6.3 Group C
- 6.4 Group D
- 6.5 Group E
- 6.6 Group F
- 6.7 Group G
- 6.8 Group H
- 7.1 knockout round
The AFC laid the eligible association members established on 26 November 2013.
The following criteria were proposed on March 12, 2013:
- The best 23 organizations are eligible to apply for the competition. You get points according to the AFC - point system.
- The eastern and western zones erthalten each 14 places in the group stage. The remaining two courses per zone will be decided by the playoffs.
- Each association must reach at least 600 of a possible 1,000 points, to send teams to the AFC Champions League.
- The places for the group stage and the playoffs will be awarded according to the following ranking: The top two organizations get four starting places in the group stage.
- The third-ranked associations received three starting places in the group stage and a playoff berth.
- The fourth-placed organizations receive two places in the group stage and two playoff spots.
- The fifth-placed organizations get a starting place in the group stage and two playoff place.
- The associations between two position six and eleven get a playoff berth.
On November 26, 2013, the starting positions for the AFC Champions League was established in 2014. The 47 grid positions (28 group stage and 19 playoff spots ) were awarded on the basis of the above criteria, but was partially deviated slightly from it.
- † The Indian team will play in the East Asia group.
- ‡ Kuwait received through participation criteria a playoff berth. In addition, al - Kuwait and al - Qadsia 2013 have qualified as winners and finalists of the AFC Cup for the playoffs. But you are the only two teams from Kuwait, meet the licensing criteria, so get Kuwait only two playoff spots.
The following teams have qualified.
- For teams who have qualified through several competitions is given only the higher title.
In the group stage play 32 teams divided into eight groups of four teams in the league mode (outward and return ). The teams will be divided on a geographical basis. In groups A to D, the teams from West and Central Asia play in groups E to H take the teams from East and Southeast Asia. The two group winners will qualify for the Final Round of 16 The tournament will be played with the three- point rule.
The quarter-finals will be drawn, however, it can not meet two teams from one country directly. The teams will play in the knockout system with return game from the tournament winner, the away goals rule. If in the return game after regular time and extra time are fixed no winner, the winner in the penalty shootout is determined.
The winner will qualify for the FIFA Club World Cup in 2014 in Morocco.
- First qualifying round: Feb 2nd
- Second qualifying round: February 8,
- Third qualifying round: February 15
- Group Stage: 25-26. February 11-12. March 18-19. March, 1 / 2 April 5/6 April 22-23. April
- Second round: 6/7 May 13-14. May
- Quarterfinals: 19-20. August and 26-27. August
- Semi-finals: 16-17. September and 30 September / 1 October
- Finale: October 25 and November 1
The group stage after the draw was also on 10 December 2013. The 32 teams were drawn into eight groups of four participants. Teams from the same country could not be drawn into the same group. Everyone plays against every one home and one away match. The top two teams in each group reach the knockout stages.
The tables are created according to the following rules:
The first legs will take place on May 6 and 7, the return legs on 13 and May 14 In the round of last 16, group winners play runners-up against each another group of the same zone. The group winners will have home advantage in the return match.
References / Notes
Asian Champion Club Tournament or Asian Club Championship 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972-1984 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002
AFC Champions League 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- AFC Champions League
- Football in 2014