2014 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters season
2015 season >
The DTM 2014 season is the 28th season of the DTM and the 15th since the foundation of the series in 2000. The season starts on May 4 at Hockenheim and goes on 19 October in the same place at the end.
- 2.1 Changes to the drivers
Sporting and technical changes
BMW is from the 2014 season the BMW M4 DTM, which replaces the BMW M3 DTM used since 2012.
Teams and Drivers
All teams use Hankook tires.
- Daniel Juncadella, Gary Paffett, Vitaly Petrov, Paul di Resta, Christian Vietoris, Pascal Wehrlein and Robert Wickens have a contract with Mercedes. The team classification was not yet announced. Last year's DTM driver Roberto Merhi is in addition to the seven drivers use a test pilot.
Changes in drivers
The following list contains not only the newcomers and returnees for the 2014 season, all riders who participated in the 2013 DTM season and start in the 2014 season not for the same team as 2013.
Drivers who have changed their team:
- Jamie Green: Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline, Audi Sport Team Rosberg →
- Miguel Molina, Audi Sport Team Phoenix → Audi Sport Team Abt
- Edoardo Mortara: Audi Sport Team Rosberg → Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline
- Timo Scheider, Audi Sport Team Abt Audi Sport Team Phoenix →
- Martin Tomczyk: BMW Team RMG → BMW Team Schnitzer
- Marco Wittmann: BMW Team Mtek → BMW Team RMG
Drivers who enter or return to the DTM:
- António Félix da Costa: Formula Renault 3.5 ( Arden Caterham ) → BMW Team Mtek
- Maxime Martin: Blancpain Endurance Series (Marc VDS Racing Team) → BMW Team RMG
- Nico Müller: Formula Renault 3.5 (International Draco Racing) → Audi Sport Team Rosberg
- Vitaly Petrov: Mercedes -out →
- Paul di Resta: Formula 1 (Sahara Force India F1 Team ) → Mercedes
Drivers who have left the DTM:
- Filipe Albuquerque: Audi Sport Team Rosberg → United SportsCar Championship ( Flying Lizard Motorsports )
- Andy Priaulx BMW Team RMG → United SportsCar Championship ( BMW Team RLL)
- Dirk Werner: BMW Team Schnitzer → Blancpain Endurance Series (Marc VDS Racing Team)
Drivers who do not have a contract for a race seat in 2014:
- Roberto Merhi
The race calendar has been slightly modified compared to the previous season. The race at Brands Hatch in the UK and the Dutch Zandvoort 2014 no longer include the racing calendar, but the Hungaroring in Hungary Mogyoród and designed specifically for the DTM street circuit in Guangzhou, China were included in the DTM calendar.