2014 GP2 Series season
The GP2 Series 2014 season, the tenth season of the GP2 series.
- 4.1 Points system
- 4.2 Drivers' Championship
The free training was increased from 30 to 45 minutes.
In the main race, the drivers are obliged both tire compounds to use.
Teams and Drivers
Changes in drivers
The following list contains all the drivers who took part in the 2013 GP2 Series season and start in the 2014 season not for the same team as 2013.
Drivers who have changed their team:
- Daniel Abt: ART Grand Prix → Hilmer Motorsport
- Nathanael Berthon: Trident Racing → Venezuela GP Lazarus
- René Binder: Venezuela GP Lazarus → Arden International
- Johnny Cecotto Jr.: Arden International → Trident Racing
- Stefano Coletti: Rapax → Racing Engineering
- Conor Daly: Hilmer Motorsport → Venezuela GP Lazarus
- Mitch Evans: Arden International → RT Russian Time
- Rio Haryanto: Barwa Addax Team → EQ8 Caterham Racing
- Jon Lancaster: Hilmer Motorsport → MP Motorsport
- Julian Leal: Racing Engineering → Carlin
- Jolyon Palmer: Carlin → DAMS
- Adrian Quaife - Hobbs: Hilmer Motorsport → Rapax
Drivers who enter or return to the GP2 series:
- Takuya Izawa: Super Formula ( Docomo Team Dandelion Racing) → ART Grand Prix
- Axcil Jefferies: Indy Lights ( JMM / BHA with Curb Agajanian - ) → Trident Racing
- Raffaele Marciello: European Formula 3 Championship (Prema Powerteam) → Racing Engineering
- Artem Markelov: German Formula 3 Cup ( Lotus ) → RT Russian Time
- André Negrao: Formula Renault 3.5 (International Draco Racing) → Arden International
- Arthur Pic: Formula Renault 3.5 (AV Formula) → Campos Racing
- Facu Regalia: GP3 Series ( ART Grand Prix) → Hilmer Motorsport
- Kimiya Satō: Auto GP ( EUR Nova Racing) → Campos Racing
- Stoffel Vandoorne: Formula Renault 3.5 ( Fortec Motorsport) → ART Grand Prix
Drivers who have left the GP2 series:
- Sam Bird: Russian Time → United SportsCar Championship ( Starworks Motorsport)
- Marcus Ericsson: DAMS → Formula 1 ( Caterham F1 Team )
Drivers who do not have a contract for a race seat in 2014:
Changes the teams
- Barwa Addax retired from the GP2 series. The starting point of the team received Campos Racing. Campos was active until 2008 already in the GP2 Series and GP2 team had sold at Barwa Addax in 2009.
- After the death of Igor Mazepa, the team boss and owner of the Russian Time project, sparked the investor group of the project and Mazepa heirs mid-February, the contract with the current service provider Moto Park Academy, the 2013 operations carried out and the team title had won. This lost Tom Dillmann, who had a contract with GP2 Moto Park Academy, his cockpit. As a replacement iSport International, who had lost their seats in 2013 to Russian -time, returned to the GP2 Series and took over the care of the Russian Time project.
2014 are recognized eleven race weekends. In comparison to the previous season did not find the race held at Sepang and Singapore, it is moved to Spielberg in Sochi. All events take place in the Formula 1 Grand Prix weekends. The race from the Nuerburgring changes planned to the Hockenheimring Baden- Württemberg.
With one exception in Monaco ( main race on Friday and sprint races on Saturday ) find all main event on Saturday, and all sprint races held on Sunday.
In the main race (HAU ) to get the first ten of the race, 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point (s). During the sprint race (SPR ) received the first eight of the race, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point (s). In addition, the winner of the qualifying session, which starts in the main race from pole position, four points are awarded. The driver, who scored from the first ten classified riders the quickest lap of the race, gets two points.
- Fat - Pole Position
- Italics - Fastest lap
- Underline - overall leader