2014 WTA Tour
The WTA Tour 2014 is the 41th year of the women's tennis tournament series, which is held annually by the Women 's Tennis Association.
The team competitions Hopman Cup and Fed Cup are like Grand Slams not organized by the WTA but the ITF. Here they are listed but because the top players play these tournaments usually.
Compared to 2013 the tournament calendar learned the following changes:
- The tournaments WTA Budapest WTA San Diego, Memphis WTA, WTA Brussels and WTA Palermo are no longer part of the tour.
- The tournaments WTA WTA Istanbul and Hong Kong are back in the tournament calendar.
- The tournaments WTA Rio de Janeiro, Tianjin WTA, WTA WTA Bucharest and Wuhan are new to the tournament calendar.
- The tournaments WTA Acapulco and WTA Katowice change the playing surface from the sandy space on hard court
- The WTA Tokyo now has the Premier category (previously: Premier 5).
- The WTA Birmingham now has the Premier category (formerly International).
(Updated: September 4, 2012)
The string of e.g. 128E/96Q/64D/32M has the following meaning: 128E = 128 players playing in single 96Q 96 = players play the qualification 64D = 64 pairs in a double play 32M = 32 pairs playing in the Mixed
The following players finished in 2014 her tennis career:
- Australia Sacha Jones - December 23, 2013 (after the qualification of the 2014 ASB Classic in January 2014)
As of February 17, 2014