History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth- pig己亥(at the beginning of earth - dog戊戌)
Syria: 530/531 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The two usurpers Verus and Gellius Maximus to be executed by the Roman Emperor Elagabalus after a rebellion.
- Elagabalus married Julia Paula.
- The Three Kingdoms Period: The Chinese warlord Liu Bei General Xiahou Yuan defeated at the Battle of Mount Dingjun. He occupied the strategically important border town of Hanzhong and proclaimed himself King of Hanzhong.
- Battle of Fancheng: Guan Yu, the highest-ranking General Liu Bei, Cao Cao draws against General Cao Ren in the fortress Fancheng and besieged it unsuccessfully. He is surrounded and isolated by generals of the warlord Sun Quan. In a skirmish, he is defeated by the General Lü Meng, and then beheaded. His head sends Sun Quan as a gift to Cao Cao.
- Sun Jun, Chinese politician ( † 256)
- Gellius Maximus, Roman politician and usurper
- Guan Ping, Chinese General
- Guan Yu, Chinese general (* 160)
- Jiang Qin, Chinese general
- Liu Zhang, Chinese politician
- Lü Meng, Chinese general (* 178)
- Marcus Munatius Cerialis Sulla, Roman politician
- Pang De, Chinese general
- Verus, Roman politician
- Xiahou Yuan, Chinese general