History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Hare wood乙卯( at the beginning of the year Wood Tiger甲寅)
Syria: 546/547 ( year in October )
- March: The Roman Emperor Alexander Severus slain in Mainz by soldiers who Maximinus Thrax raise the new emperor. Beginning of the period of soldier-emperors and the imperial crisis of the 3rd century.
- November 9: Pontian, the first bishop of Rome, for which there is a historically occupied date is discontinued after five years in office by the Roman Emperor Maximinus Thrax and killed after conviction for forced labor in a quarry in Sardinia. Also, the anti-bishop Hippolytus is taken there and also is killed.
- November 21: Anterus is enthroned as the new Roman bishop. He dies after about 6 weeks.
- Between Roman legionnaires and Germanic warriors it results in multiple combat operations, the so-called Harzhorn event: 235.
- March: Alexander Severus, Roman emperor (* 208)
- Julia Mamaea, mother of Emperor Severus Alexander
- Gamaliel III. , Jewish patriarch
- Guo Nüwang, Chinese Empress (* 184)
- Quartinus, Roman Gegenkaiser
- Pontian, Bishop of Rome
- Hippolytus of Rome, anti-bishop (c. 170)
- 235: Magnus, Roman Gegenkaiser