History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Ox丁丑(at the beginning of Fire Rat丙子)
Syria: 568/569 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Emperor Valerian, it is possible to recapture the city of Antioch on the Orontes by the Sassanids and regain control of the province of Syria.
- Reich crisis of the 3rd century Franconian crowds invade the northwest of the empire, plundering cities in Gaul and even Tarraco in Tarraconensis. The Alamanni cross the Alps and invade by Italia ago. The Upper Germanic - Rhaetian Limes must be abandoned as the outer boundary of Rome. In the period following the construction of the Danube -Iller -Rhine- Limes begins. The remains of the Upper Germanic - Rhaetian Limes are on the list of UNESCO world heritage since 2005.
- Period of the Three Kingdoms: Wei - regent Sima Zhao tells the emperor loyal General Zhuge Dan to return to the capital, allegedly accepting a promotion. Zhuge Dan believed that Sima Zhao tries to eliminate his potential opponents, only to seize power from the Emperor to himself. He begins by Wu - China from a rebellion against the regent.
- August 2: Saint Stephen, Bishop of Rome, dies and is buried in St. Callistus catacombs. His head is now as a relic in Speyer.
- August 30: Sixtus II is elected bishop of Rome.
- Nintoku 16th emperor of Japan († 399 )
- August 2: Saint Stephen I, Bishop of Rome
- Rufina and Secunda, early Christian martyrs