25th century BC
History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
The 25th century BC started on January 1, 2500 BC and ended on December 31, 2401 BC
Events / developments
- Around 2500 BC incurred Hattic small kingdoms in Asia Minor.
- 2500 BC: First Inuit immigrants settle in Greenland ( Pre-Dorset culture).
- The earliest time for the dating of the Megalithstruktur of Stonehenge
- The Cueva de Menga created around 2500 BC, a gallery grave, which is one of the largest megalithic monuments in Europe.
- In Greece, get free divers especially sponges in large quantities from the Mediterranean.
- In Mesopotamia there is a war between the Sumerian city-states of Lagash and Umma ( Lagash - Umma War).
Note: The Government of years can not yet be determined accurately in this century. Therefore, it is approximate estimates.
Pharaohs of Egypt
- Userkaf (2500-2490 BC. / Founder of the 5th Dynasty )
- Sahura (2490-2475 BC)
- Neferirkare (2475-2465 BC)
- Schepseskare (2465-2460 BC)
- Raneferef (2460-2455 BC)
- Niuserre (2455-2420 BC)
- Menkauhor (2420-2410 BC)
- Djedkare (2410-2380 BC)
Kings of Lagash
- Akurgal (2490-2470 BC)
- Eanatum (2470-2450 BC)
- En metena (2430-2400 BC)
King of Ur
- Meskalamdug ( around 2500 BC )
Inventions and Discoveries
- The Indus script was about 2500 BC, developed by the Indus Valley Civilization.
- Around 2500 BC, the Bactrian camel was domesticated in Central Asia.
- In the 2450 BC dated Vulture Stele itself ( hence initial military use of the wheel ) are first pictures of chariots.