History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Year of the Wood horse甲午( at the beginning of the year, water - snake癸巳)
Syria: 45/46 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Romans subdue under consul Marcus Atilius Regulus the insurgent Sallentiner in Calabria. The Via Appia is subsequently extended to control the region of Venusia On Tarentum to Brundisium.
- The number of Quaestors in Rome is increased from four to eight.
- Athens, where the anti-Macedonian party got under Chremonides inlet explains Antigonus II Gonatas, king of Macedonia, the war. Sparta follows. Athens and Sparta are supported by the Egyptian king Ptolemy II. Beginning of Chremonidean war. Antigonus invades Attica.
- Ptolemy II of Egypt Ptolemy makes his son as co-regent. He is commander of the Egyptian forces on the Ionian coast in Chremonidean war.
- 268/267 BC: The Seleucid king Antiochus I can execute his eldest son Seleucus with rebellion. In its place, Antiochus II is heir to the throne.
- Year ( 3rd century BC)
- 267 BC