History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Dragon壬辰( at the beginning of the year metal rabbit辛卯)
Syria: 583/584 ( year in October )
- Reich crisis of the 3rd century: Summer: Encouraged by his victories in the north, Aurelian applies the breakaway provinces to the south, where Zenobia is the de facto ruler of Egypt, Syria and Asia. By attacking Zenobia is forced to declare her son Vaballathus final to rival emperor. Zenobia's army is defeated at Antioch on the Orontes. The usurpers must flee to Emesa.
- August: Emperor Aurelian, Zenobia is followed by Emesa can beat their troops again. Zenobia and Vaballathus be caught in their flight to Persia by Roman soldiers. Palmyra was besieged and finally captured. The southeastern provinces are again directly under the control of Rome.
- 272: Constantine the Great, Roman Emperor († 337 )
- Longinus, philosopher and philologist (c. 212)
- Sima Fu, Chinese politician ( * 180 )
- Titus, Bishop of Byzantium
- 272: Columba of Sens, Christian saint and martyr