27th century BC
History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
The 27th century BC started on January 1, 2700 BC and ended on December 31, 2601 BC
Events / developments
- Imhotep designed the construction of step pyramids.
- The beginning of the wedding of Pyramidenbaues in Egypt under Sneferu.
- Uruk - the oldest city in the world on the Euphrates has up to 100,000 inhabitants. According to written sources can be king Gilgamesh (c. 2700 BC ) pull up the nine -kilometer-long city wall, fortified with 900 towers.
- In South America, the city of Caral is formed and thus belongs to the well known centers of origin of human civilization besides Mesopotamia, Egypt, India and China.
Note: The Government of years can not yet be determined accurately in this century. Therefore, it is approximate estimates.
Pharaohs of Egypt
- Djoserteti (2700-2695 BC)
- Hudjefa II (2695-2690 BC)
- Mesochris (around 2690 BC)
- Huni (2690-2670 BC)
- Sanacht (2690-2670 BC)
- Chaba (around 2670 BC)
- Qahedjet (around 2670 BC)
- Sneferu (2670-2650 BC. / Founder of the 4th dynasty )
- Khufu (2650-2580 BC)
King of Kish
- Enmebaragesi (2615-2585 BC)
King of Uruk
- Gilgamesh (c. 2700 BC )
Inventions and Discoveries
- Around 2700 BC, the Sumerians developed from the proto- cuneiform typical cuneiform.
- The legendary Chinese Emperor Shen Nung discovered tea making facilities.