- Noah Bastian: Chad Linus
- Alan Blumenfeld: Bob Buss
- Michael Cuccione: Jason " Q.T. " McKnight
- Kevin P. Farley: Doug Linus
- Evan Farmer: Jerry O'Keefe
- Alex Solowitz: Mickey Parke
- Lauren Lee Smith: Erin Evans
- Kandyse McClure: Danielle
2gether is a Canadian- American television movie from 2000.
This is also the first film, which was produced exclusively for MTV. It was first shown on 21 February 2000 without commercial breaks in the United States.
The film led to the eponymous television series 2gether ( 2gether: The Series ) due to the success.
After the manager Bob Buss of today's hottest boy band Whoa! has been fired, he decides to give it a reboot by simply establishes a new and better band. Buss discovered on the road his first singing talent Jerry O'Keefe and builds from now on his group around the natural talent to O'Keefe. Together with O'Keefe he sets out to search for other members. Buss builds his new band, which he prefers to call but after some thought instead of Matchbox 30 2gether, after the standard music industry cliché. Thus, the band consists of the end:
- The " heartbreaker " Jerry O'Keefe, who quit his job in a hotel and his longtime girlfriend leaves you alone, only to realize his dream of singing.
- " The shy one " Chad Linus, however, a good singer is too shy to sing in front of people. He hopes with the singing to make a lot of money to buy himself a yellow jet ski.
- " The elder brother ", the Chads older brother Doug Linus is. Bob Buss had it together with Chad include in the band ( " If my brother goes somewhere I'm going along with him, Because He is like a lost puppy" ), as only Doug can help him jump over his shadow. Doug can also sing well and also sew.
- " Evil " Mickey Parke, who actually would rather gangster rappers,
- And " the sweet " Q.T. McKnight, who is the youngest of the band and has a fatal disease. Previously, he sang in a local karaoke bar.
Buss brings the boys in a few days in the form and prepares them for their big debut in Jacksonville - as the opening act for Whoa! in a shopping center - in front. Buss attempts to encourage the band members by the truth about Whoa revealed to them: You can not even sing and have all the time used songs by another band for their performances. The boys find hope, especially when they learn that they are to occur as the opening act for Whoa. But it turns out that Buss had invented the concert free. During the presentation of Whoa at the mall occurs a technical error, and Whoa stand idly on the stage. But 2gether save the situation by storming onto the stage and begin to sing. So they conquer hundreds of girls' hearts in an instant.
- Hal Erickson ( All Movie Guide ) described the movie as amusing and sometimes moving ( "MTV 's first made-for- TV movie, 2Gether: The Original Movie, is a hilarious and sometimes touching send- up of the, boy band ' phenomenon of the '90s. " )