History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Hare丁卯( at the beginning of the year Fire Tiger丙寅)
Syria: 618/619 ( year in October )
- Spring: Emperor Severus moved with his army against the usurper Maxentius resident in Rome, the son of former emperor Maximian. This returns out of retirement in the Senate, moves on to the legions of his influence for his son claimed. When Severus reached Rome, much of his soldiers running over to Maxentius. Severus withdrew to Ravenna.
- Emperor Severus is defeated by the superior forces of Maxentius ' in Ravenna and results.
- Mai: Marcellus I becomes Bishop of Rome. Due to the persecution of Christians under Diocletian there had been four years no bishop. The usurper Maxentius, who currently reigns in Rome, the new bishop, however, tolerated.
- Summer: Emperor Galerius pulls with another army to Rome, where the anti-emperor Maxentius holds entrenched. Again, running a lot of the soldiers over to the usurper; Galerius forced to retreat.
- September 16: Emperor Severus comes in Tres Tabernae killed. The circumstances of his death are not clear. Caesar Constantine ( " Constantine the Great"), who would be Severus's successor, initially retains the title of Caesar. The Office of the Emperor remains vacant.
- Wang Xizhi, Chinese calligrapher († 365 )
- Narcissus of Girona, Christian martyr