History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal horse庚午(at the beginning of Earth Snake己巳)
Syria: 621/622 ( year in October )
- July 2: After several months of Sedisvakanz that followed the exile Eusebius, Miltiades is new bishop of Rome.
- Caesar Maximinus Daia is proclaimed emperor by his troops ( augustus ). This appointment will not be accepted.
- Domitius Alexander, who has proclaimed himself in Africa 308 for anti-emperor is defeated by the praetorian prefect Gaius Ceionius Rufius Volusianus.
- Caesar Constantine traveling to Colonia Agrippina (now Cologne), where it allows to build the first permanent bridge across the Rhine, the city with the upstream Divitia fort (now Cologne -Deutz ) connects.
- The former emperor Maximian, who had fallen out with his son, the usurper Maxentius, declares himself in Gaul again to rival emperor. However, he will soon be arrested it by his own soldiers and Caesar Constantine transferred, which forces him to suicide.
- To 310: Decimus Magnus Ausonius, Gallo- Roman civil servant († 393/394 )
- To 310: Nicocles, Greek philosopher († 388 )
- Or 313: Didymus the Blind, Egyptian writer ( † about 398)
- Marcus Aurelius Valerius Maximianus, former Emperor of Rome (c. 240)
- Ojin, Japanese Emperor
- To 310: Domitius Alexander, Roman Gegenkaiser