History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Dog壬戌( at the beginning of the year metal cock辛酉)
Era of Diocletian: 78/79 ( the year of November)
Syria: 673/674 ( year in October )
Politics, Religion and World Affairs
- February 8: With the Edict of Restitution, the Roman emperor Julian cancels all exiles Christian scholar in the kingdom. Among other things, Athanasius the Great and Lucifer can Calaris of return to their homeland.
- February 21: The banished from the town church father Athanasius returns to Alexandria as Bishop.
- Emperor Julian tried a partial withdrawal of the Constantinian turn and strengthening of paganism to Christianity, and prohibited the Rhetorenedikt Christian teachers to provide instruction in pagan literature. The Edict triggers a storm of indignation among Christian, but pagan teachers. Among other things, Marius Victorinus shall resign.
- Burning down the temple of Apollo at Daphne down to the ground as part of the religious policy conflicts associated with Julians
- Arian controversy: Athanasius calls a the Council of Alexandria and written subsequently the encyclical Tome ad Antiochenos.
- Famine in Antioch 362-363
- Mark of Arethusa, Bishop of Arethusa
- Flavius Gallicanus, Roman politician
- Benedicta of Origny, Christian martyr and saint
- 361/362: Paulus Catena, Roman official