History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Tiger戊寅( at the beginning of the year fire - buffalo丁丑)
Diocletian era 94 /95 ( the year of November)
Syria: 689/690 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- February: Lentienser, part of the Alemanni tribe, make a campaign against troops of the Roman Emperor Gratian. They are later in the Battle of Argentovaria (today Oedenburg - Biesheim at Neuf- Brisach in Alsace ) by the Roman army under Nanniemus and Malobaudes defeated.
- Gratian takes after the Battle of Argentovaria one of the last campaigns of a Roman emperor in the east of the Rhine Limes.
- August 9: Battle of Adrian Opel: The Roman army under Emperor Valens suffers against the Visigoths under Fritigern one of the worst defeats in its history. At least 10,000 men fall, perhaps even more, to about 40 senior officers, including the Emperor Valens. Large parts of the Balkan Peninsula fall into the hands of the Gothic warriors. The road to Constantinople Opel is open to them.
- Siyaj K'ak (born in the fire ) from Teotihuacán, coat of Tikal.
Science and Technology
- The Valens Aqueduct in Constantinople Opel is completed.
- In Antioch a synod held.
- August 9: Valens, Roman emperor (* 328)
- Priarius, Alamannic Gaukönig the Lentienser