History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water sheep癸未( at the beginning of the year Water Horse壬午)
Era of Diocletian 99 /100 ( year November )
Syria: 694/695 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- September: Sixteen Kingdoms: The Battle of the Feishui ( Anhui Province ) suffers Fu Jian, Emperor of the earlier Qin dynasty, despite numerical superiority a heavy defeat against the troops of the Eastern Jin Dynasty. Thus China continues to be split into a northern and a southern part.
- Shapur III. is the successor of his deceased brother Ardashir II the Great King of Persia.
- Spring: Magnus Maximus was proclaimed by his troops in Britain to the Emperor.
- August 25: The one with a few followers fled to Lugdunum Roman Emperor Gratian is slain by Heermeister Andragathius. Many troops are Gratian before - instead of fighting for the ruler in the western part - usurper Magnus Maximus defected.
- Gratian's successor will be underage son Valentinian II, who has already been brought 375 as co-emperor.
- The Roman Army Master Bauto beats by Raetia back sunken Juthungen.
- 383: Melania the Younger, Christian saint († 439 )
- 383: Nestorius, Patriarch of Constantinople Opel ( † about 451)
- August 25: Gratian, western Roman emperor (* 359)
- Ardashir II, Persian Sassanian
- Ulfilas, a missionary of the Goths and translator of the Bible into Gothic (c. 311)
- 383: Frumentius, Apostle of Ethiopia
- 383: Ursula, legendary martyr
- 383 or 388: Flavius Merobaudes, Roman officer