History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Rooster乙酉( at the beginning of the year Wood Monkey甲申)
Era of Diocletian: 101/102 ( year November )
Syria: 696/697 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The people of the Tabgatsch based in North China, the Northern Wei Dynasty.
- FEBRUARY 25: Siricius is confirmed by Valentinian II as pope.
- At the synod in Augusta Treverorum Emperor Magnus Maximus leaves despite vigorous opposition of many bishops of the West, including celebrities such as Martin of Tours and Ambrose of Milan, the theologian Priscillian, Bishop of Avila, executed as a heretic. Among the most important are the accusers bishops Hydatius of Emeritia and Ithacius of Ossonoba. Pope Siricius triggers after the Synod of Bishops on the Community with all who have participated in the trial of Priscillian, in particular, the newly elected Felix von Trier is isolated in the sequence.
- Theophilos is Patriarch of Alexandria.
- Priscillian, theologian and heretic (* 340 )