History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Snake辛巳( at the beginning of the year metal dragon庚辰)
Syria: 272/273 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- February: Octavian wins the Perusinischen war.
- Autumn: The second triumvirate shares in the Treaty of Brundisium to the Roman Empire: Octavian receives the West, Marcus Antonius the east and Lepidus Africa.
- Mark Antony married the recently widowed Octavia Minor.
- At the request of the tribune Falcidius Falcidische law shall be adopted. It regulates the amount of a mandatory part of the Roman law of succession.
- The Parthians conquered under Pacorus I. large parts of Syria and Koilesyriens to the Mediterranean coast, including Jerusalem, and Antigonus, the last ruler of the dynasty of the Hasmoneans, is for a short time King and High Priest of Judea.
- October: Marcus Antonius is inaugurated as the first Flemish Divi Julii, priest of Divus Iulius, the deified Julius Caesar Gaius.
- Alexander Helios, son of Cleopatra VII and Mark Antony
- Cleopatra Selene, Numidian queen, twin sister of Alexander Helios ( † around 6 AD)
- Gaius Claudius Marcellus, Roman politician (c. 95 BC)
- Lucius Decidius Saxa, Roman politician
- Deiotaros, Roman general
- Quintus Fufius Calenus, Roman politician
- Fulvia, Roman patrician (c. 80 BC)
- Quintus Rufus Salvidienus Salvius, Roman politician and military commander
- Shimon ben Shetach, Jewish scholar (c. 120 BC)
- 40 BC: Gaius Antonius hybrida, Roman politician (c. 106 BC)
- 40 BC: Servilia Caepionis, Roman patrician
- 40 BC: Alexander polymath, Greek scholar (c. 100 BC)