History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal horse庚午(at the beginning of Earth Snake己巳)
Era of Diocletian: 146/147 ( year November )
Syria: 741/742 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Roman army champion Flavius Aetius beats by Raetia back sunken Juthungen.
- The Vandals begin a 18-month siege of the port city of Hippo Regius, also during the church father Augustine dies.
- Rua is the sole ruler of the Huns; his nephew Attila is since 410 the Western Roman court of Ravenna hostage.
Science and Technology
- Zosimus of Panopolis improves the distillation and metallurgical processes and introduces the chemical name
- A synod in Rome under the direction of Celestine I. rejects the doctrine of the Patriarch of Constantinople Opel, Nestorius ( Nestor ), as heretical.
- 430: Anastasius I, Eastern Roman Emperor († 518)
- 430: Hunulf, Germanic prince
- 430: Julius Nepos, Western Roman Emperor († 480)
- 430: Orestes, Roman general († 476)
- 430: Zhang Qiujian, Chinese mathematician († 490 )
- 000Mai: Flavius Felix, Roman Heermeister
- Oktar, ruler of the Huns
- Nilus the Elder, East Roman civil servant and father of the church
- 430: Palladio, monk, bishop and writer (c. 364)
- 430: Aurelius of Carthage, Bishop of Carthage