History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
◄ | 4th century | 5th century | 6th century | ► ◄ | 400 | 410er | 420 | 430er | 440 | 450 | single 460 | ► ◄ ◄ | ◄ | 427 | 428 | 429 | 430 | 431 | 432 | 433 | 434 | 435 | ► | ► ►
Heads of State
Year of the Metal sheep辛未( at the beginning of the year metal horse庚午)
Era of Diocletian: 147/148 ( year November )
Syria: 742/743 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- The Western Roman Heermeister Flavius Aetius drives the Franks back across the Somme.
- After 18 months of siege Hippo Regius falls into the hands of vandals who make it to the capture of Carthage as their capital.
- June 22 -31. July: Council of Ephesus, the third ecumenical council; it rejects Nestorianism and referred to Mary as Mother of God; also Pelagianism condemned as heretical. Patriarch Nestorius of Constantinople Opel is issued. The Assyrian Church does not recognize the conciliar decisions and splits off.
- October 1: Maximianus is used as the new Patriarch of Constantinople Opel.
- Celestine I sent Palladius as a missionary bishop to Ireland.
- 431 or 432: Sidonius Apollinaris, bishop and writer ( † after 479)
- June 22: Paulinus of Nola, bishop and saint (c. 354)
- To 431: Philip of Side, Christian historian (c. 380)