History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- 441: The Huns invade under the leadership of Attila ago on the Balkan Peninsula.
- 442: In a contract with the Vandal king Genseric the Western Roman Empire under Valentinian III recognized. his kingdom. than the first sovereign state on until then Roman soil
- 444: St. Patrick begins with the Christianization of Ireland; Founding of Armagh.
- 447: The British ruler Vortigern convenes according to tradition, Saxon warriors Hengest and Horsa from the European mainland by Ostbritannien so they support him against the Picts. The Anglo-Saxons rebel against the British in the sequence and build their own kingdoms.
- August 3 449: Opening of the Leo I as a " robber synod " ( latrocinium ) designated council in Ephesus: Second Council of Ephesus. The Roman representatives of Leo, the Presidency was denied. The Patriarch of Constantinople Opel and Antioch, Flavian and Domnus II will be declared by the head of the council, Patriarch Dioscorus of Alexandria, was deposed. Dioscorus wants to push through with the help of armed fighters, the Monophysite doctrine of Eutyches.