History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Hare辛卯(at the beginning of Metal Tiger庚寅)
Era of Diocletian: 167/168 ( year November )
Syria: 762/763 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- April 7: The Huns invade Metz, a little later they come to Orléans.
- Summer: In the battle of the Catalaunian fields are repulsed the Huns under Attila of the Western Roman General Flavius Aetius and the Visigoths. The Visigoth king Theodoric I. falls, his successor will Thorismund.
- MAY 26: King Yazdegerd II of Persia conquered the Armenian army at the Battle of Avarayr in today's West Azerbaijan. After the victory Yazdegerd imprisons many Armenian priests and nobles, but finds himself still faces Armenian resistance.
- October 8 -1. November: Ecumenical Council of Chalcedon: The Monophysite decisions of the ' Robber Synod " of 449 to be invalidated. Confirmation of the Nicene Creed. Pope Leo I is granted an honorary precedence over the Patriarch of Constantinople Opel.
- Dioscorus is deposed as Patriarch of Alexandria for his Monophysite attitude and replaced by Proterius.
- Jakob von Sarug, bishop and hymn writer († 521)
- JULY 31: Peter Chrysologus, Doctor of the Church (c. 380)
- Theodoric I, King of the Visigoths
- Songzhi Pei, Chinese historian (* 372)
- To 451: Nestorius, a theologian ( * after 381 )