History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of wood sheep乙未( at the beginning of the year Wood Horse甲午)
Era of Diocletian: 171/172 ( year November )
Syria: 766/767 ( year October )
Politics and World Affairs
- JULY 9: Avitus is proclaimed at the instigation of the Visigoth king Theodoric II in Beaucaire to the Western Roman Emperor and pulls in September in Rome. He appoints Ricimer to his military chief.
- Battle of Aylesford between Britons under Vortigern and Hengest and Horsa under Anglo-Saxons; Victory of the Anglo-Saxons, but falls Horsa in battle.
- Leptis Magna is conquered by the Vandals.
- Skandagupta, after the death of his father Kumaragupta I. rulers of the Indian Gupta Empire.
- Justa Grata Honoria, daughter of the Roman Emperor Constantius III. (* 418)
- Horsa, Germanic warrior prince in Britain
- Kumaragupta I, ruler of the Indian Guptareiches
- Palladius, in co-regent Western Roman Empire (c. 420)
- 455: Julian of Eclanum, Pelagian theologian (c. 386)