History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Dog甲戌( at the beginning of the year Water Faucet癸酉)
Politics and World Affairs
- Gaius Asinius Pollio, Publius Cornelius and Lucius Dollabella Trebellius are the tribunes of the Roman Republic.
- January 14: Caesar defeated Ptolemy XIII, brother and rival of the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra VII, decisive in the Battle of the Nile.. This ends the Alexandrian war.
- August 2: dictator Julius Caesar triumphs in the battle of Zela about the Pontus King II Pharnakes He dresses his success in the words " Veni Vidi Vici ".
- The partisans of Caesar Publius Vatinius defeats the Pompeian Marcus Octavius in a battle against Dalmatia and is rewarded with the consulship of Caesar. He enters the office, together with Quintus Fufius Calenus but only at the end of the year. Octavius saves himself wounded in North Africa, where the Pompeian continue to resist.
- Herod the Great is used by his father Antipater as governor of Galilee.
- Mithridates of Pergamum is charged for his services in the battle of Zela of Caesar King of the Bosporan Kingdom.
Science and Technology
- June 23: Ptolemy XV. Caesarion, son of Caesar and Cleopatra VII († 30 BC )
- Marcus Antonius Antyllus, son of Marcus Antonius († 30 BC )
- 47 BC: Publius Quinctilius Varus, Roman politician ( † 9 AD )
- Gaius Licinius Macer Calvus, Roman poet ( 82 BC * )
- Lucius Manlius Torquatus, Roman politician
- Pharnakes II, King of the Bosporan Kingdom
- Ptolemy XIII. , Egyptian Pharaoh (* 61 BC)
- 47 BC: Lucius Volcacius Tullus, Roman politician ( * before 108 BC)