History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- 470: Odoacer was appointed leader of the Germanic auxiliary troops of Western Rome.
- 472: As the relations between the Western Roman Emperor Anthemius and the strong man of the empire, military leader Ricimer deteriorate, sets the latter from Anthemius and proclaimed Olybrius the new emperor.
- About March 3 473: Glycerius is the successor of Olybrius Roman Emperor. Also Glycerius is not recognized by Ostrom as emperor, Julius Nepos the favors.
- June 474: Glycerius resigns as Western Roman Emperor and is banished by his successor, Julius Nepos, Illyricum, and there made bishop of Salona.
- 474: Theodoric the Great becomes king of the Ostrogoths in Pannonia, succeeding his father Thiudimir.
- October 31, 475: Romulus Augustulus is proclaimed by the troops at the instigation of his father Orestes the last Western Roman Emperor.
- 475: The Statue of Zeus by Phidias, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is destroyed in a fire in Constantinople Opel.
- 475/476: In the Visigothic kingdom of Codex Euricianus is recorded, a people right in the Latin language, which regulates the legal relationships of both the Germans and the novels in the country.
- August 23 476: Deposition of the last Western Roman Emperor Romulus Augustulus by the Germanic military leader Odoacer - in fact a military coup. Romulus Augustulus was incarcerated in Naples, his father Orestes was captured and executed at Piacenza. Odoacer is king of the Germans in Italy and obtained by the imperial government in Constantinople Opel formal recognition as imperial governor. End of the Western Roman Empire.