History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Water Buffalo癸丑( at the beginning of the year, water - rat壬子)
Era of Diocletian 249 /250 ( year November )
Syria: 844/845 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- November 21: The Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian I can right a Collection ( Corpus Iuris Civilis ) make known, which comes into force on 30 December.
- The decree of the Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian I, which uses the Bishop of Rome as the head of all churches of Christendom, will be issued.
- After the death Theuderichs I. falls the Frankish empire part with residence in Reims, which is referred to later as Austrasia, I. to his son Theudebert
- The Second Council of Orleans forbids 533 in the Frankish Empire, the marriage between Jews and Christians.
Africa / restorations imperii
John II mounts on 2 January after two months' conclave as the successor of Boniface II died the previous year the Chair of Peter, after he has taken the pagan name Mercurius. He is the first pope who accepts a new name. John states that the election of a pope to the approval of the Ostrogothic king needs. After the fall of the Ostrogoths this right is transferred to the Eastern Roman Emperor.
- Ursicinus is Archbishop of Ravenna.
- November 29: An earthquake in Syria near Aleppo leads to the death of tens of thousands of people. It said to have perished in the region of 130,000.
- Theodoric I.: King of the Franks with residence in Reims ( * before 484 )