History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Year of The Water Dog壬戌( at the beginning of the year metal cock辛酉)
- Black-figure vase painting (since 630 BC)
Politics and World Affairs
- October 6: Babylon is occupied by the armies of the Achaemenid king Cyrus II, King Nabonidus captured. The Neo-Babylonian Empire ends as well as the political independence of Babylonia.
- Establishment of Avignon by the Phocaeans
Science and Technology
- In the Babylonian calendar, the Babylonian New Year the first Nisannu falls on the 27th - 28th March; the full moon in Nisannu to the 9th - 10th April and the first Tašritu on the 20th - 21st September.
- 539 or 538 BC: Nabonidus, Neo-Babylonian king
- Year ( 6th century BC)
- 539 BC