History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Tiger庚寅(at the beginning of Earth Buffalo己丑)
Era of Diocletian: 346/347 ( year November )
Syria: 941/942 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- The Welsh Kingdom of Gwent can fight back an invasion of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Wessex.
- 630: The Frankish King Dagobert I. Paris explains his residence.
- 630: Cadwallon, the Welsh king of Gwynedd, manages a coalition with the Anglo-Saxon king Penda of Mercia against Northumbria, the Gwynedd had occupied, can be sold by the victory of the coalition at Long Mountain but from Wales.
- January: Muslim Conquest: Mecca submits without a fight around 10,000 warriors of Muhammad, who proclaimed a general amnesty and the " idols " sells out of town. As a result, close to him most of the Arab tribes.
- March 21: The Byzantine emperor Heraclius triumphantly pulls into Jerusalem and brings in 614 captured by the Persians cross relic back to the Holy Sepulcher.
- April 27: After the death of Ardashir III. is the General Shahrbaraz Persian Great King. He receives the support of the Byzantine emperor Heraclius, but he is already being assassinated in June good 6 weeks later. It follows Queen Boran. In one part of the country has for a short time the Sassanide Chosroes III. , According to him Hormizd V.
- The Muslim Arabs attack first, but unsuccessfully, the Byzantine Empire to. This expansion they call " raid ". In old Europe, the word has become synonymous with " raid " and "attack ". Only in modern times it is equated with a police manhunt.
More events in Asia
- The expansion of the North Indian empire the emperor Harsha south is stopped by the Chalukya kingdom; the Narmada is declared the border river.
- Khagan Hsieh -li, rulers of the eastern Göktürks (after serious internal disturbances ) defeated by a Chinese attack and is in Chinese captivity. The previously dependent on him tribes submit to largely China for decades to come. At the same time, the kingdom of Western Göktürks decays by the overthrow and murder of the local ruler Tong Tong Yabghu or Shehu.
Science and Technology
- 630: In the Byzantine Empire the historical work Chronicon Paschale arises.
- NOV 7: Constans II, Byzantine Emperor († 668 )
- Sigebert III. , Merovingian King of the Franks († 656)
- Di Renjie, an official of the Chinese Tang Dynasty ( † 700)
- 630: Bathilde, wife of the Frankish king Clovis II († 680 )
- 630: Ansbert, Bishop of Rouen ( † 693 )
- 630: Aldegundis, Holy († 684)
- 630: Nukata no Okimi, Japanese poet († 690 )
- 630: Reineldis, Catholic saint († 680 )
- APRIL 27:. Ardashir III, Persian Great King (c. 621 )
- 9 June: Shahrabaraz, Persian general and a great King
- Basolus of Verzy, missionary and saint (c. 555 )