History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Ox辛丑( at the beginning of the year metal rat庚子)
Era of Diocletian: 357/358 ( year November )
Syria: 952/953 (October)
- Muslim Conquest: The Arabs conquer the Byzantine fortress situated in the modern-day Cairo; built a little later Amr ibn al-As north of it the city of Fustat, the nucleus of today's metropolis. Beginning of the Islamic period in Egypt.
- Duke Radulf of Thuringia rises against the rule of the Frankish Empire and makes his duchy largely independent.
- After the death of the mayor of the palace of Neustria Aegas Erchinoald takes office.
- To 641: Slavs destroy the city of Salona near Split.
- End of the reign of Japanese Emperor Jomei.
- To 641: Asparuch, Khan of the Bulgarian Empire ( † about 702)
- May 25. Constantine III, Byzantine Emperor