History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Snake丁巳(at the beginning of Fire Dragon丙辰)
Era of Diocletian: 373/374 ( year November )
Syria: 968/969 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- Autumn: After the death of King Clovis II is his son Clotaire III. Successor as king of Neustria and Burgundy; because he is still a minor, his mother Bathilde assumes the regency.
- JULY 26: Muslim Conquest: Battle of Siffin on the Euphrates: Caliph Ali ibn Abi Talib and his challenger Mu'awiya, the governor of Syria, a multi-day bloody battle that ends with no clear winner supply. The fact that Ali finally consents to arbitration, leads to the separation of the Kharijites of the Shiites.
- The Emperor Tang Gaozong of the Tang Dynasty defeated the Turks.
- JULY 30: Vitalian is enthroned as the successor of Eugene I. Pope.
- To 657: Nivardus is Archbishop of Reims.
- June 02: Eugene I., Pope
- Autumn: Clovis II, Merovingian king of Neustria and Burgundy ( * 634)
- Livinus of Ghent, Christian saint (c. 580)
- 656/657: Grimoald the Elder, Meier house in the Frankish kingdom of Austrasia part (c. 615)