History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Monkey壬申( at the beginning of the year metal sheep辛未)
Era of Diocletian: 388/389 ( year November )
Syria: 983/984 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- On the death of the 38th Tenno of Japan, Tenji, follows his son Kobun as the 39th Emperor, but even still dies in the summer; it follows Temmu, the son of the former Emperor Jomei than 40 emperors. Under him the Kiyomihara Palace is a new residence.
- Beginning operations against Arab port cities of the Iberian Peninsula. Associated with this are attacks by the Visigoths against Jews, who are accused to make a pact with the Arabs.
- The Arabs invaded the Byzantine Smyrna; in that time they attach themselves in Cyzicus in the immediate vicinity of Constantinople Opel.
- Wamba succeeds Rekkeswinth as king of the Visigoths.
- 672/673: Venerable Bede, English Benedictine monk († 735 )
- 672/673: Boniface, the Anglo-Saxon missionary, " Apostle of the Germans " († 754 )
- January 27: Vitalian, Pope
- March 02: Chad, Bishop of York (c. 623)
- Tenji, the Japanese emperor (* 626)
- Rekkeswinth, King of the Visigoths
- 672: Cenwalh, King of Wessex