History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of The Water Rooster癸酉( at the beginning of the year Water Monkey壬申)
Era of Diocletian: 389/390 ( year November )
Syria: 984/985 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- After the death of Clotaire III. it comes with his two brothers in the struggle for the succession to the Frankish Empire. against Theodoric III, who makes himself king of Neustria and Burgundy, and his house Meier Ebroin is Childeric II, who can prevail and ruler of the whole empire, while Theuderic is shorn and placed in the abbey of Saint - Denis.
- Hlothhere becomes King of Kent as the successor of Ecgberht I.
- Maelduin becomes King of Dalriada, succeeding Domangart II
- Rieul is Archbishop of Reims as the successor of Nivard.
- Guthlac, English hermit and saint († 714)
- OCTOBER 27: Agathon of Alexandria, Coptic Pope
- Chlothar III. , The Merovingian Frankish king (c. 650)
- Domangart II, King of Dalriada
- Ecgberht I, King of Kent
- Yan Liben, Chinese figure painting (c. 600)
- Ziyad ibn Ali, the Arab governor of Basra
- 673 or 679: Remaclus, bishop and saint (c. 600)