History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Dragon戊辰( at the beginning of the year fire - hare丁卯)
Syria: 379/380 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- Silius Italicus is ordinary consul of the Roman Empire.
- Spring: Gaius Julius Vindex, governor of Gallia Lugdunensis, rises against the Roman Emperor Nero. Several legions close to him, but he does not aspire even after the purple, but would like Galba, the governor of Hispania Tarraconensis win for this task. They are supported by Otho, governor of Lusitania.
- April 3: Galba was proclaimed Roman Emperor.
- Mai: Lucius Verginius Rufus, the governor of Germania Superior, Gaius Julius Vindex defeated at the Battle of Vesontio, Vindex commits suicide.
- June: The Roman Senate declared Nero a public enemy and Galba's survey confirmed the emperor, which is then recognized by Rufus. Galba embarks on 8 June to Rome.
- 9 June: The 30- year-old Emperor Nero stabbed himself outside Rome with the help of a slave. On his escape with the aim of Egypt, the persecutors have come very close to his residence. With the suicide of Nero ending the Julio- Claudian dynasty. A civil war over the succession breaks out.
- 68/69: St. Ignatius of Antioch is Patriarch of Antioch as a successor to the late Euodius.
- JULY 4: Matidia, Roman patrician († 119)
- Mai: Gaius Julius Vindex, governor of Gaul (c. 25)
- 9 June: Nero, Roman emperor (* 37)